Teaching Languages Online Resources
The Language Center has recorded a few tutorials to help Faculty to teach languages remotely.
- Creating assignments in Zoom for the Foreign Language Classroom: How to use different alphabets
- Using voicethread for assessment
- Getting started with breakout rooms
- Sharing a whiteboard
- How to create a Foreign Language Test on Blackboard (coming soon)
Language Learning Resources
Here is a list of Publishers that have made their learning resources available for free:
- Pearson: Pearson offers several ways to ensure your students can access materials at no additional cost for the remainder of the term.
- Cambridge Core Textbooks: Cambridge University Press is making higher education textbooks in HTML format free to access online during the coronavirus outbreak.Over 700 textbooks, published and currently available, on Cambridge Core are available regardless of whether textbooks were previously purchased. Free access is available until the end of May 2020.
- Cengage Learning: For US colleges experiencing unplanned, mid-semester impacts due to COVID-19, Cengage is offering students free access to all our digital platforms and 14,000 ebooks through Cengage Unlimited, for the remainder of this semester.