Resources and Professional Development Opportunities
Office Hours for Faculty
Mondays: noon-1 p.m. via Zoom: https://rochester.zoom.us/j/158002522
Other days and times available by appointment. Contact Teresa Valdez at email@example.com.
The Language Center has recorded a few tutorials to help Faculty to teach languages remotely.
- Creating assignments in Zoom for the Foreign Language Classroom: How to use different alphabets
- Using voicethread for assessment
- Getting started with breakout rooms
- Sharing a whiteboard
- How to create a Foreign Language Test on Blackboard (coming soon)
Upcoming Workshops on Remote Teaching
Assessing Learning at a Distance: Summer Assessment Series
These professional development workshops are available to all faculty and staff at the University of Rochester. The goal of these sessions is to help faculty prepare to assess student learning online for the upcoming fall semester.
This series covers everything from adapting tests and quizzes, creating long-term projects, and supporting student writing using what you already know, and leveraging available technologies. The workshops are free for all faculty and staff and offered via Zoom for your convenience.
Vists the Office of the Provost website for more information.
Register for all sessions that are relevant to your needs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language Learning Resources
Publishers that have made their learning resources accessible:
- Pearson: Pearson offers several ways to ensure your students can access materials.
- Cambridge Core Textbooks: Cambridge University Press is making higher education textbooks in HTML format free to access online on Cambridge Core.
- Cengage Learning: For US colleges experiencing COVID-19 challenges, Cengage is offering students free access to all digital platforms and 14,000 ebooks through Cengage Unlimited.