We are accepting applications for fall semester in the following languages: American Sign Language, Chinese, French, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, and Spanish.
Look in JobX, Job ID # 24231 for the Language Center Tutor job.
Apply to become a language tutor.
- American Sign Language
For more information, contact us at (585)-276-6701 or email@example.com.
Students wishing to participate in tutoring must complete a short introduction to learn about tutoring services and expectations prior to making an appointment.
How to Make an Appointment
- Log into your Blackboard account
- Click on the "Course Planning" tab and click "Need a Tutor?"
- Self-enroll in the "CETL Tutoring Access" organization
- Once enrolled, look for "CETL Tutoring Access" under My Organizations on the Main tab
- Complete the four short modules in this course and follow the directions within those modules to schedule your first appointment
If you would like more information on academic resources, how tutoring works, how to use the scheduling system, or have any issues with this Blackboard introduction, please set up an appointment with Carlotta Gambato. You can stop by the front desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Language Center is currently seeking tutors in the following languages: American Sign Language, French, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, and Spanish.
How to Apply
- Download and complete the LC Tutor application form
- Download and save your unofficial transcript that you can find in the Students Access tab in Blackboard
- Go to your BlackBoard and click on JobX > Job code #24231. Complete the entry for this position and upload your resume, unless you already have a resume uploaded to JobX (My Account > My Documents > Resume).
- Upload the LC Tutor Application Form under the COVER LETTER section in JobX
- Send your unofficial transcript to email@example.com
- List the name of two references that we can contact for recommendation if needed. One of the references must be a University of Rochester professor of the language you are applying to tutor for.
If you are selected as a candidate, we will contact you to schedule an interview. If you are interested in tutoring subjects other than languages, visit the CETL website.