Struggling with your language course? The Language Center is offering one-on-one peer tutoring in the following languages.
- American Sign Language
For more information, contact us at (585)-275-5156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Language Center tutoring will be available remotely until further notice.
Appointments for tutoring can be scheduled through the WC online calendar. See our tutoring appointment instructions for more information.
Make an Appointment with a Tutor
If you wish to schedule an appointment with our tutors and you have not yet used a tutor, you must complete a short introduction to tutoring services and expectations.
How to Make an Appointment
- Go to "rochester.mywconline.com"
- If don't have an account Click on "Register for an account"
- Sign in with your credentials and select the calendar "202X [Spring or Fall] Language Center Tutoring"
- Look for the tutor by name and/or language.
- Select the time and day you prefer and save
- The tutor will confirm the appointment
If you would like more information on academic resources, how tutoring works, how to use the scheduling system, or have any issues with this Blackboard introduction, contact us at (585)-275-5156 or email@example.com.
Become a Language Tutor
If you are interested in becoming a language tutor, contact Professor Teresa Valdez to learn what languages we are hiring for, or search for Language Center positions in JobLink.
How to Apply
- Download and save your unofficial transcript that you can find in the Students Access tab in Blackboard
- Go to your BlackBoard and click on JobX > Job code #24231. Complete the entry for this position and upload your resume, unless you already have a resume uploaded to JobX (My Account > My Documents > Resume).
- Upload your unofficial transcript and complete all required forms.
- List the name of two references that we can contact for a recommendation. One of the references must be from a University of Rochester Professor of the language program for which you are applying to tutor.
If you are selected as a candidate, we will contact you to schedule an interview. If you are interested in tutoring subjects other than languages, visit the the Learning Center website.