Struggling with your language course? The Language Center is offering one-on-one peer tutoring in the following languages.
- American Sign Language
For more information, contact us at (585)-275-5156 or email@example.com.
The Language Center tutoring will be available remotely until further notice.
Make an Appointment with a Tutor
If you wish to schedule an appointment with our tutors and you have not yet used a CETL tutor, you must complete a short introduction to tutoring services and expectations.
How to Make an Appointment
- Log into your Blackboard account
- Click on the "Course Planning" tab and click "Need a Tutor?"
- Self-enroll in the "CETL Tutoring Access" organization
- Once enrolled, look for "CETL Tutoring Access" under My Organizations on the Main tab
- Complete the four short modules in this course and follow the directions within those modules to schedule your first appointment
If you would like more information on academic resources, how tutoring works, how to use the scheduling system, or have any issues with this Blackboard introduction, contact us at (585)-275-5156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Language Tutor
If you are interested in becoming a language tutor, contact Professor Teresa Valdez to learn what languages we are hiring for, or search for Language Center positions in JobLink.
How to Apply
- Download and complete the LC Tutor application form
- Download and save your unofficial transcript that you can find in the Students Access tab in Blackboard
- Go to your BlackBoard and click on JobX > Job code #24231. Complete the entry for this position and upload your resume, unless you already have a resume uploaded to JobX (My Account > My Documents > Resume).
- Upload the LC Tutor Application Form under the COVER LETTER section in JobX
- Send your unofficial transcript to email@example.com
- List the name of two references that we can contact for recommendation if needed. One of the references must be from a University of Rochester professor of the language for which you are applying to tutor.
If you are selected as a candidate, we will contact you to schedule an interview. If you are interested in tutoring subjects other than languages, visit the CETL website.