Skip to main content

Advising Handbook

A-Level Examinations

Students earning high marks on “A-” level (Advanced) examinations may request credit by consulting the appropriate department advisor. The original University of Cambridge GCE transcript and a Statement of Results should both be provided to Academic Records in Lattimore 312. Academic Records will scan a copy of the student's documentation and place it in the student's file; the original documents will then be returned to the student. The amount of credit awarded is determined by the department giving approval, normally on a Course Approval Form or in a memo to Advising Services.

“O-” level (Ordinary) courses-or Subsidiary examinations are not comparable to college courses and no credit can be awarded.

Students with questions should consult the Center for Education Abroad.