College Center for Advising Services

Non-matriculated Students

Students interested in taking courses as non-degree candidates may register as non-matriculated students. Information is available through the Office of Summer and Part-Time Studies. Subsequent matriculation as a regular student, if desired, requires application for transfer admission through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Applicants should know that no more than six courses (24 credits) taken when non-matriculated may be transferred to a degree program without additional tuition costs. (Students who were previously matriculated and then register for UR coursework as a non-matriculated student are ineligible to use these courses toward a degree without paying the difference in tuition.) Advisers in the Center for Advising Services (Lattimore 312) are available to assist students with academic planning.

Go back to the Adviser's Handbook Index