Skip to main content

Advising Handbook

Part-time Student Status (Seniors)

Seniors in the spring semester (more rarely in the fall) who plan to register for a part-time course load do not change their status as described under the Part-time Student Status section. They should first meet with an adviser in the College Center for Advising Services to discuss their plans and review their degree status. If relevant, students should also meet with the Financial Aid Office to see how their aid will be impacted. Students should also review the Enrollment Policy as well as the Residency Requirement to be sure that they have fulfilled these requirements. International students should also consult with the International Services Office. A written email request to register for a part-time course load and pay per credit (11 credits or less) should be submitted to Advising Services at Upon receiving written approval from the Dean of the College, seniors who wish to live on campus, should consult with the Office of Residential Life to determine their eligibility to remain in the residence halls. Seniors who are registered for a part-time course load are eligible to work through student employment.