|Class – Graduation Year||Fall Term Credits||Spring Term Credits|
|First Year – 2022||0–23||8–39*|
|Sophomore – 2021||24–55||40–71|
|Junior – 2020||56–87||72–99|
|Senior – 2019||88+||100|
*Students entering in the spring semester with fewer than eight credits will be placed in the coming fall term’s first-year class. For example, Joe Smith, entering in spring 2019 with four credit hours, will be classified as Class of 2022.
- CA—Candidate for undergraduate degree (part-time); has at least 96 credits
- MT—Matriculated undergraduate (part-time); has fewer than 96 credits
- KF—Key Program student; designation used in fifth year (full-time)
- KP—Key Program student; designation used in fifth year (part-time)
- T5—Student in the Take Five program; designation used only between March of the fourth year and March of the fifth year (full-time)
- G—Matriculated graduate (full-time or part-time)
- NU—Non-matriculated undergraduate (full-time or part-time)
- NG—Non-matriculated graduate (full-time or part-time)
- SA—Special study abroad, non-University of Rochester student on University of Rochester program (full-time)
- CR—Candidate for certificate (full-time or part-time)
- PB—Student admitted to Post-baccalaureate Pre-health Program (full-time or part-time)
Students with numeric classifications wanting to be classified ahead need to submit a petition to the Administrative Committee. No student can accelerate their graduation by more than one semester.
In addition to having the minimum number of credits required, as shown above, students who wish to declare senior or junior status must have been accepted into an area of major. See the acceleration, enrollment, and reclassification pages for more information.
Students who would like to be re-classified from full-time to part-time status, or from part-time to full-time status, should see a CCAS advisor in Lattimore 312 prior to the semester of the change. (Engineering and computer science students should see a Hajim advisor in Lattimore 301.) Those who are not seniors in their final semester will be asked to complete a brief form, which is needed to notify all relevant offices of all classification changes affecting tuition. See the part-time student status page for more information.
Seniors in their last semester will need to follow the process outlined on the part-time student status (seniors) page.