Home | UR Student with a Disability | UR Student Accommodations | UR Classroom | UR Campus Resources | UR Disability Guide | UR Specific Disability Resources | UR Turn | Report an Accessibility Concern
Disability-Specific Websites for Further Discovery
Below is a list of websites containing further information about various disabilities. Should you wish to unpack any of this information, please feel free to contact one of us.
- The University of Washington's DO-IT video Working Together: Faculty and Students with Disabilities, Building the Team: Faculty, Staff, and Students Working Together may be freely viewed online.
- For instructional strategies specific to students with ADHD, visit:
http://www.washington.edu/doit/Faculty/Strategies/Disability/Other/ and the Attention Deficit Disorder Association
- For teaching strategies for deaf or hard of hearing students, visit Pepnet2.
- Disability.gov lists publications for instructional strategies for students with disabilities.
- Learning Disabilities Association of America is a non-profit advocacy organization for persons with learning disabilities.
- Characteristics and challenges faced by students with psychiatric disorders can be found through the National Institute for Mental Health.
- For more information on classroom management and students with psychiatric disabilities, visit: http://www.washington.edu/doit/Brochures/Academics/psych.htm
- For insight into our Veteran college students, visit the Brain Injury Association of America and read about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder at the National Institute of Mental Health