The University Communications social media team has established the following guidelines for public posts on the official University of Rochester Facebook page. Administrators of the University page are expected to monitor the site and enforce these guidelines.
Posting policies for Facebook audiences
The University welcomes participation on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/University.of.Rochester) and encourages you to interact with us often and to comment about the content you find here.
We do not discriminate against any views, but administrators of official University Facebook pages do reserve the right to delete the following, or to block users who post the following:
- Obscenity, nudity, defamation or hate speech (Speech that targets people or groups based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, or any other protected status)
- Comments/posts that threaten to harm individuals, groups or organizations
- Commercial advertisements or solicitations of funds
- Endorsement or encouragement of illegal activities
- Multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- Personal information including but not limited to e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: Be respectful. Be smart. Be human. Add to the discussion, and help grow our community in constructive ways.
Please be aware that while administrators are responsible for moderating the page, we cannot immediately review every comment posted on a page. Opinions expressed in non-University posts are not necessarily those of the University of Rochester and its employees, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of these posts.
All content posted by official University of Rochester entities is the property of the University of Rochester and is subject to copyright laws. For more information, please see our University's copyright and disclaimer statement.