TEAM Career Placement
TEAM students are sought after by employers for their leadership skills, business savvy, and technical acumen. The academic curriculum and practical knowledge acquired throughout the program position students to be innovative employees with an entrepreneurial mindset, positioned to become future company leaders. Recently, US News and World Report stated that of the seven key things employers want in a candidate, entrepreneurial experience and communication skills come out on top. That’s exactly what TEAM students bring – experience in developing entrepreneurial approaches and solutions and the ability to communicate.
To help students launch careers, the TEAM program provides students with a proactive approach to career exploration and professional development. In coordination with the University of Rochester’s comprehensive career placement and job search programs, Assistant Director of Career Management, Kathy Driscoll, helps to coordinate multiple skill-enhancing activities throughout the year. These services begin at new student orientation and continue with various seminars, workshops and individual consultations.
The overall placement rate for TEAM graduates is 90% within six months of graduation.
Tips and Information
Download the Top 8 Reasons Why Going to Grad School Will Help In Your Job Search by clicking here.
TEAM students can take advantage of business and engineering recruiting opportunities through the:
- Gwen M. Green Career and Internship Center at the University of Rochester
- Career Management Center at the Simon Business School
- Center for Entrepreneurship
|“TEAM graduates can effectively market themselves as creative and innovative. That’s the true value they bring.”
- Jack Chang ’09, ’10 (MS TEAM)
|“TEAM’s career services were very helpful. That was one of the best things I got out of the program. I couldn’t have imagined more.”
- Anoti Deyala ’14 (MS TEAM)
Assistant Director of Career Management, Kathy Driscoll, provides individual advising and guides students through the extensive resources available, including:
- Career assessments and development of an individual career plan
- On campus recruiting, including career fairs and company presentations
- Career coaching, including career exploration, resume and cover letter critiques, development of interviewing and networking skills, and generation of company target lists and search strategies
- University of Rochester’s CareerLink, an online system for searching and applying for jobs and internships
- Rochester Career Advisory Network (RCAN), an online portal that connects University alumni to current students for mentoring and networking purposes
- Educational workshops and clinics designed to educate, coach, and provide an interactive platform to develop the confidence and skills needed for a successful job search.
For some students, their time in the TEAM program unleashes entrepreneurial ambitions, fueled by courses in business and entrepreneurship, but many others go on to a wide array of positions and companies, from start-ups and early stage companies to Fortune 500 companies. Some job titles include energy engineer, optical design engineer, process engineer, software engineer, project analyst, systems integration consultant, associate license manager, and business analyst.