- RCBU laboratories are advancing the use of ultrasound in diagnosis and discovering new therapeutic applications of ultrasound in medicine and biology.
- The Center fosters collaborative research between laboratories and investigators with expertise in engineering, clinical medicine, and the basic sciences.
- The RCBU provides an ideal forum to exchange information through formal Center meetings and monthly newsletters.
- Interactions of RCBU members with industry, governmental organizations, and foundations encourage mutually beneficial research programs.
Learn more about research >
- RCBU laboratories provide a rich environment for graduate training in biomedical ultrasound. Students have access to state-of-the-art research facilities to engage in leading-edge research in ultrasound.
- The UR offers graduate-level courses in biomedical ultrasound and closely related fields.
- RCBU laboratories offer opportunities for post-doctoral research in ultrasound and collaborations with other areas of biomedical imaging.
- Throughout its history, the RCBU has offered short courses in specialized topics in ultrasound that attract national and international experts.
Learn more about education >
- The RCBU maintains a long history of leadership and innovation in biomedical ultrasound.
- RCBU innovations have produced steady progress in new imaging modalities and therapeutic applications of ultrasound.
- RCBU members hold numerous patents in ultrasound and imaging. The UR ranks 9th in technology revenue income among all higher education institutions in the nation.
Learn more about innovation >