**IMPORTANT NOTE: Spring 2022 degrees will be conferred on May 13, 2022. Degrees will appear on students records on or around June 1. We encourage all students to log into the UR Student System to view their academic record and confirm all coursework has been graded and degree(s) have been awarded before requesting an official transcript and/or degree verification.
Through a partnership with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), students and alumni can order both electronic and hard copy transcripts online through the NSC Transcript Ordering Center.
- Electronic transcripts are securely delivered within one business day of completion of your order.
- Hard copy transcripts are sent within three to five business days after completion of your order.
- Students will need to provide either their URID or Social Security number to validate their request.
- Order updates will be sent to you via email and text messages (optional). You can also track your transcript order online.
- Students will have the opportunity to upload any necessary attachments to be included with their transcript order.
Please note: Due to the automated nature of the electronic transcript service, the registrar’s office will not be able to complete missing fields on attachments to be sent with e-transcripts. All fields must be complete prior to submission through the system.
All transcript requests for the following schools can be processed through the National Student Clearinghouse:
- School of Arts and Sciences
- Hajim School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Warner School of Education
- Simon Business School
- School of Nursing
- School of Medicine and Dentistry MS and PhD programs
If your school is not listed above, see the other transcripts section for information on how to request a transcript.
If you are an alumni and you would like to view your academic history, please request an official transcript through the NSC Transcript Ordering Center. Alumni access is no longer available for anyone.
Students can also request an apostille (certified) transcript or diploma. See the apostille request page for more information.
Electronic records are not available for anyone who attended the University prior to 1987. Only hard copy documents sent USPS mail or FedEx delivery are available.
First-Year students in Arts, Sciences & Engineering between September 1986 and May 1994: Only courses and credits earned appear on the official transcript for first year courses. Students needing proof of grades for third parties or themselves may submit a signed letter of request and upload it as an additional document with their NSC transcript order. Grades will only be provided directly to the student who may then share the grades as s/he wishes.
Transcripts cannot be released if the student’s account shows any type of financial hold. If you request a transcript while there is a hold on your account, you will be notified of the hold.
Prior to ordering your transcript, please inspect your record on UR Student to confirm all grades, degrees, and honors have been posted. See the transcript key for information on how to read your transcript.
The registrar’s office will not process hard copy undergraduate transcripts requests that are being mailed to students’ home addresses until after the close of grading.
Transcripts requests being sent to third parties such as schools and employers will continue to be mailed within three to five business days throughout this time.
Members of the Class of 2022 who met these criteria were awarded Latin Honors:
- Summa cum laude with a grade point average of 3.99
- Magna cum laude with a grade point average of 3.90
- Cum laude with a grade point average of 3.72
Transcript Costs and Delivery
The National Student Clearing House offers the following delivery options for transcripts:
- Electronic transcripts ($3.50 per destination address)
- Hard copy transcripts ($2.50 per destination address with up to five copies per destination address. For example, one transcript or five transcripts to the same address within the same order would be a total of $2.50)
- FedEx options: United States ($17.50); Canada/Mexico ($32.50); all other international ($52.50)*
NOTE: FedEx will NOT deliver to a PO BOX, it must be a physical mailing address.
You can pay for your transcript order with any major credit or debit card. Your credit or debit card is not charged until the University of Rochester sends your transcript(s). However, if you use a debit card, your bank may put a hold on your funds when we pre-authorize your payment. If you have questions on the pre-authorization, please contact your bank.
Eastman School of Music—Information on transcript requests for the Eastman School of Music can be found at the Eastman School of Music website.
Eastman Institute for Oral Health—Current students, residents and alumni of the Eastman Institute for Oral Health should contact EIOHRegistrar@urmc.rochester.edu for transcript requests.
School of Medicine MD program—Students and alumni of the School of Medicine MD program must contact the medical school registrar at email@example.com for transcript requests.
NSC Link/Website Issues
If you are experiencing issues with ordering online, please check the NSC system requirements page to make sure your browser is compatible.
If you experience issues with the NSC site above, you can also go directly to the National Student Clearing House website, hover over Order-Track-Verify, select Order or Track a Transcript, and locate the University of Rochester in the drop down menu to start your transcript order.