All new graduate students are required to attend this orientation, as it will provide important information about your studies at the University of Rochester. Plan your arrival on campus accordingly. After orientation, there will be a barbeque sponsored by the Graduate Student Association (GSA).
Arts, Sciences and Engineering Graduate Student Orientation:
Date: Monday, August 28, 2017
Part I: Taxation Workshop - All incoming PhD students who are U.S. citizens or resident aliens for tax purposes should attend this workshop.
- Description: University Graduate Student Appointments Taxation Policy - Learn Student Requirements for Filing Taxes with the IRS.
- Time: 1 pm - 2 pm
- Location: Hutchison Hall, Hubbell Auditorium
Part II: University Orientation - ALL PhD and Master's Graduate Students should attend
- Description: University leaders explain graduate student resources available, graduate student policies.
- Time: 2:00 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- Location:Hutchison Hall, Hubbell Auditorium
Part III:Graduate Student Programs Student Fair
- Time 2:45 pm - 4:00 pm - Graduate Student Programs Student Fair
- Location: Weather Permitting: Hutchison Plaza. (If poor weather, will be held in the Hutchison Hall, Green Lounge).
- Graduate students attending the orientation have the opporunity to win 1 of 4 $50 Visa gift cards from Advantage Credit Union. Must be in attendance to win.
AS&E Graduate Student Association Welcome Barbeque:
- Description: The AS&E Graduate Student Association welcomes new graduate students with a barbeque. Vegan and vegatarian options available. Held rain or shine.
- Time: 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Location:Genesee Valley Park, Riverbend Shelter
International Student Orientation
The International Graduate Student Orientation will be on Wednesday August 16, 2017, starting at 8:30 a.m.This event is mandatory for all new international students. It is recommended international students arrive in Rochester in advance of orientation, and no later than August 15th, 2017. Additional details regarding International Student Orientation are available online.
Once you have arrived on campus and checked in with ISO, you will be notified of a specific location.