Rochester Review is published 3 times annually
by the University of Rochester, Rochester, New York, USA
Departments Features Letters to the Editor
Rochester in Review
- Swing dancing hits the campus
- Wallis Hall honors former president
- Rochester hosts national conference
- Four appointed to professorships
- Undergraduate curriculum in electronic imaging created
- Major gift continues Library "Renaissance"
- Kurt Weill celebrated at Eastman School
- University plays role in developing special Van Gogh lighting
- In brief
- Notes on research
- Roll models
- Student discovery tells of Arctic warming
- Rochester quotes
- Review Point: Robert Westbrook, professor of history
- Letter from Bob Bartlett, new associate dean of the College for alumni relations and development
- Alumni Councils
- Recreation center wins support from alumni
- Early '50s Reunion set for 2000
- Breaking the sound barrier, Sara Ridberg '96
- A "special" prosecutor, Richard Davis '66
- American anthem, Gene Scheer '81E, '82E (Mas)
- Master of wine, Patrick Farrell '77, '82M (MD)
- Tracking the green revolution, Elizabeth Arnold Guillette '60, '61N, '63W (Mas)
- Jewish "Roots," Joseph Andrews '63M (MD)
- River Campus Undergraduate
- River Campus Graduate
- Eastman School of Music
- School of Medicine and Dentistry
- School of Nursing
- In Memoriam
- Class Acts
- Alumni Relations: Patricia and Robert Place '54
- In Appreciation: Leslie Spira Lopez '77
- Meliorist: Olivier Sartor '89
Books & Recordings
by alumni and faculty
- Recommended Reading
John W. Rowe '77M (MD)
Alumni Association Announcements
- Sesquicentennial celebration, October 13-15, 2000
- Fall '99 Reunion for class years ending in "9" and "4"
- What to do with appreciated stock
Special Report: An Ounce of Prevention
by Christopher DiFrancesco
The Medical Center takes on a leading role in developing an exotic new generation of disease fighters: vaccines. Some of them might even cure you after you've contracted the disease.
The Working Classes
by Scott Hauser
Working your way through college isn't quite what it used to be. More and more, undergraduates are moving away from traditional chores like washing dishes and waiting tables. A lot of them now see their campus job as a way of getting a head start on a future career.
- On the Job
- Meet Steve Stromski
by James Longenbach
Five poems by the Joseph H. Gilmore Professor of English, from his first published collection.
- Creating a Landscape of the Mind
The Last Great Eye in the Sky
by Tom Rickey
SIRTF--the fourth and final element in NASA's series of Great Observatories--will give astronomers unprecedented views of cosmic phenomena. Much of the credit for developing SIRTF's probing eyes goes to a team of Rochester researchers.
How Many Wrongs Does It Take to Make a Right?
by Rose Ericson
Sometimes, getting a wrong answer to a math problem might be better than getting it right, says Warner School professor Raffaella Borasi.
Third Act Surprise
by Scott Hauser
Academy Award nominee Robert Forster '64: By the actor's own admission, Forster's career enjoyed a stellar five-year first act and suffered a slumping 25-year second act. But then came Jackie Brown.
Join Our Listserv
Want to be alerted by e-mail as soon as Rochester Review is posted to the Web? To receive regular e-mail synopses of the latest electronic issue, send an e-mail note to email@example.com. In the body of the message type, in lower case: subscribe rochrev
Rochester Review for the Web
Editor: Margaret Bond
Associate editor: Scott Hauser
Class Notes editor: Tricia Campbell
Design supervisor: Stephen Reynolds
Graphic artist: Jeannine Papelino
Webmaster: Joseph P. Chakalis, Sr.
Staff photographer: Joe Galowicz
Copy coordinator: Joyce Farrell
Cover illustrator: Mark Verna
Editorial office: 147 Wallis Hall, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14627-0033
(716) 275-4117 | Fax: (716) 275-0359 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. edu
Published three times a year for alumni, students, their parents, and other friends of the University, Rochester Review is produced by the Office of University Public Relations, Robert Kraus, associate vice president for public relations.
Opinions expressed are those of the authors, the editors, or their subjects and do not necessarily represent official positions of the University of Rochester.
| UR Home | Mail |
Copyright 1999, University of Rochester
Maintained by University Public Relations