Ain Lecture Series
Each semester, the Ain Center for Entrepreneurship hosts the Lecture Series. These events feature an entrepreneur, UR alumni, innovative educator, or other distinguished guest speaker. The lecturer presents a talk free to students, faculty, staff, and the general public. The lecture is followed by time for Q&A, as well as a reception where the speaker can interact with the event attendees.
View past speakers.
Designed to supplement existing entrepreneurship classes and programming, these sessions explore the fundamentals of starting your own venture or working with a team to accomplish an innovative goal.
- September – Opposites Attract: Turning a Group of Strangers into a Team
- October – The Voice of a Customer: Shut Up and Listen
- November – Preparing for Failure: What to Do When Things Don’t Work
Missed out on the fall workshops? Find recaps on our blog for team building and customer discovery tips!
Mark Ain Business Model Competition Workshop Series
Building on the more soft skill-focused Foundry Forum workshops, these sessions are designed to provide training on elements of business planning and presenting.
- January – The Genius of a Business Plan: Be Different and Be Better
- February – Money Matters: Funding Your Startup
- March – Startup Storytelling: Become a Master of Pitching
Missed out on the Mark Ain workshops? Find recaps on our blog for business plan writing, entrepreneurial finance, and storytelling tips!