Skip to main content



Support Services

The University has a team of faculty and staff from across the institution dedicated to supporting undocumented and DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) students.

In addition to providing students with academic support, they provide a specialized orientation program, regular check-ins, and programming support. Please feel free to connect with any or all of them.

CCAS/Hajim Advisors

Tommy Páez
International Student Counselor
(585) 276-6623

Molly Jolliff
Director of International Student Engagement and Associate Director of Advising Services
(585) 275-7588

Nick Valentino
Academic Counselor, Hajim School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
(585) 276-7802

Additional Contacts

Melissa Raucci
Coordinator of First-Generation Student Support
David T. Kearns Centers

Claudia Hernandez De Leon
Academic Program Coordinator
Office of Minority Student Affairs

Lucinda Snyder
Financial Aid Counselor
Financial Aid Office

Pablo M. Sierra
Assistant Professor
Department of History

Work and Internship Opportunities

It is important to keep in mind that certain restrictions exist depending on the student’s immigration status. DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) students are permitted to work and obtain paid internship opportunities as designated by their employment authorization document (i.e., their EAD card).

While undocumented students are not currently authorized to work, they may still be permitted to participate in internships for credit or as part of an academic program. For more information, please contact the Greene Center.

Gwen M. Greene Center for Career Education and Connections
4-200 Dewey Hall
(585) 275-2366

Scholarship Opportunities

Undocumented or DACA students interested in scholarship opportunities should consult with the DREAMer’s Roadmap and outside scholarships. For application purposes, most of the listed scholarships on these sites do not require a social security number.

Mental Health and Well-being

Students are highly encouraged to speak with a mental health professional at the University Counseling Center (UCC) if they feel that their mental and emotional well-being are being affected by their immigration status. Immigration concerns, including concerns about family and loved ones, can act as an added stressor on a student.

University Counseling Center
University Health Service
(585) 275-3113

If you're concerned about a fellow student please contact the CARE Network.