Medallion Leadership Society
The Medallion Leadership Society is an undergraduate student group dedicated to leadership. The society educates their peers to realize their leadership potential and become engaged members of the campus and surrounding communities, in an effort to achieve positive social change.
Members in the society will participate in committees, have opportunities to meet with deans, and plan leadership programs for the Office of the Dean of Students (ODOS).
Members divide their time within three areas:
- Serving as a resource to students by:
- Serving as leadership peer advocates who are available to other students for support and guidance.
- Assisting in creating a network where students can be connected to leadership, service, and civic engagement resources.
- Offering feedback on the ODOS leadership-related programs/initiatives, as well as assisting with any assessment.
- Assisting with the promotion and advertisement of ODOS events, programs, opportunities, and other offerings.
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing leadership programming for students including:
- Facilitating skill-based workshops for individual students, student groups, and student organizations.
- Participating in leadership opportunities on other campuses.
- Developing, planning, and implementing initiatives, programs, and activities within ODOS that focus on leadership development and education.
- Performing other administrative duties such as:
- Attending and actively participating in Medallion Leadership Society and other related committees when needed.
- Developing creative ways to enhance and market leadership programs and opportunities.
Upon completion of the requirements for level three and opting into the Medallion Leadership Society you will:
- Receive a Medallion
- Attend an exclusive retreat
- Work with deans and staff on ODOS-specific programming
- Support the Medallion Program workshops
- Be a guest at exclusive receptions
- Have professional development opportunities