Medallion Program Level Two
Leadership Continues Through Your Interactions with Others
Level two of the Medallion Program focuses on the sixth domain: interpersonal competence. To successfully complete this portion of the program you will need to:
- Attend a level two Opening Session
- Be/have one of the following:
- An active member* of a recognized student organization
- Hold a campus job
- An athlete through athletics
- A leadership role within Residential Life
- Complete five interpersonal competence workshops
- Must complete a short reflection for each workshop (submitted via CCC)
- Must complete an article review paper (submitted via CCC)
- Must complete a student organization reflection paper (submitted via CCC)
- Must complete level two assessment (submitted via CCC)
*“Active member” is defined as having completed one full semester in a role, actively participating in group decisions, and being in good standing.
There are three Opening Sessions for Level Two during spring 2018:
- Tuesday 1/16/2018: "Practices in Leadership" Mid-Year Leadership Training (multiple presenters)
- Thursday 1/18/2018 at 7 p.m. in Douglass Community Room (John DiSarro)
- Friday 3/2/2018 at 3 p.m. in Douglass Commons, room 401 (John DiSarro)
Level two opening session workshops can be requested. Groups must have at least eight people signed up to attend in order to request an opening session workshop.
Contact email@example.com to request an opening session workshop.
Level two participants are required to submit a two- to three-paged paper that uses two peer-reviewed articles and includes the following:
- A brief summary of the issues described in the articles
- Connection to the themes and content discussed during the Medallion Program and relevant workshops
- Current challenges in addressing these issues
- Recommendations for ways to address these issues at the University of Rochester
Level two participants are required to complete a one-paged paper reflecting on their experiences as a student group member or student employee. You must include the answers to the questions below in your reflection:
- Explain what skill(s) you have gained or further developed that has positively impacted your ability to be a better student group member or student employee?
- How has this skill(s) been helpful in other aspects of your campus life experiences?
- How have you empowered your fellow student group members or co-workers to be upstanding students or student employees?
- Give an example of an interpersonal skill you have positively executed to impact others.
Level Two Incentives
Upon completion of the requirements for level two you will:
- Receive a level two pin
- Be invited to attend the Medallion Program Reception
- Have a deeper, more complex understanding of leadership and collaboration with others
- Have increased your skills in conflict resolution and group dynamics