Collaborate to Strengthen the Community
We believe that when people and organizations collaborate, we accomplish more than we can separately. With that in mind, we seek to create sustainable and mutually beneficial partnerships between our campus and local, national, and international organizations.
Drawing upon the University's curricular strengths, we align our community engagement in the following impact areas:
- Health care
- Economic development and entrepreneurship
- Science and technology
- The arts
The following values define our approach to campus-community partnerships:
- Creativity and innovation: The University has a world-class reputation for the caliber of its faculty and students, who bring new ideas and an entrepreneurial spirit to our community.
- Reciprocity: Partnerships should benefit all stakeholders. University students and faculty enrich their educational pursuits while community organizations gain insight and human capital.
- Sustainability: Students, faculty, employees, and funders may come and go; within those operational constraints, we seek enduring, positive change to benefit the community.
- Asset-based approach: We recognize the value of connecting the community’s assets, rather than focusing only on its needs.
- Outcomes-oriented: We begin with the end in mind, and seek to document progress toward identified goals.
We build bridges through strategic initiatives. Follow the links at left to explore opportunities to connect with University students, staff, and faculty members through initiatives coordinated by the Rochester Center for Community Leadership.