How to Apply
The following criteria outline eligibility requirements for students participating in Washington Semester:
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.80 and have a declared major.
- Students must have at least sophomore standing, and are not in their final semester at the University.
- Students on academic probation, disciplinary probation, or who have disciplinary action pending against them are ineligible.
- Students should be making satisfactory progress toward completing a degree. There should be no missing or incomplete grades from previous semesters.
- Poor academic performance in the semester prior to Washington Semester may jeopardize student eligibility.
Students interested in applying to Washington Semester are advised to take the following steps:
- Attend a Washington Semester information Session or schedule a meeting with Campus Liaison
- Visit www.twc.edu/internships to learn more about TWC’s internship program.
- Begin TWC online application.
- Meet with faculty sponsor discuss plans, review application, and decide on the academic course.
- Submit application by the TWC due date. Click here for more details about due dates.
- Once application is submitted, Campus Liaison formally approves or denies student application with TWC based on the student’s eligibility.
- Upon acceptance to TWC, student must confirm plans to attend Washington Semester with Campus Liaison and Faculty Supervisor via email.
NOTE: While the Washington Semester application is pending, students should register for UR courses in the event they are not accepted into the program.