Parent and Family Relations provides the following information and links to help you and your student make plans for transportation over holidays and school breaks. None of the services listed below are in any way affiliated with The University of Rochester, and the University expressly disclaims any and all responsibility for any problems that may arise with regard to using these services. We cannot guarantee service, nor be responsible for any personal injury or property damage that arises from use. The options listed above are all independent companies. We encourage all prospective customers to exercise their own judgment when making decisions to utilize a service.
See the transportation PDF for a printable version of this webpage.Jump to:
My Bus Home will arrange round trip and one-way transportation for all academic breaks during the 2021-2022 year in private, fully insured motor coach buses with restrooms, DVD and Wi-Fi.The buses pick up on campus and go to/from a central location in:
- Allentown, PA, Bridgewater, NJ, NYC, and Jericho, Long Island
- Albany, NY and Ludlow and Newton, MA
Travel Dates/Reservation Deadlines
- Fall Break Departure - October 8th (Reservation Deadline - September 21st)
- Fall Break Return - October 12th
- Thanksgiving Departure - November 24th (Reservation Deadline - October 24th)
- Thanksgiving Return - November 28th
- Winter Break Departure - December 17th (Reservation Deadline - November 24th)
- Winter Break Return - January 29th (Reservation Deadline - December 17th)
- Spring Break Departure - March 4th (Reservation Deadline - February 7th)
- Spring Break Return - March 13th
- End of Year Departure - May 8th (Reservation Deadline - April 12th)
Maximum occupancy is 50 students per bus. A minimum of 30 students is required. Please visit My Bus Home for more information and to reserve seats.
Greyhound offers the largest network of bus services at a reasonable price, and buses feature onboard wifi. Visit Greyhound for more information.
Megabus markets itself on having the lowest-cost bus ticket prices along certain routes. Please visit Megabus for more information.
Ticket Price Comparisons
Amtrak provides affordable rail service along three routes. Trains depart from the Louise M. Slaughter station, which opened in 2017, in downtown Rochester.
Please visit Amtrak for more information.
The Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC) is located just 2.5 miles west of campus. The airport hosts six airlines servicing 19 non-stop destinations.
Larger airports in the area include Buffalo Niagara (BUF) and Toronto Pearson (YYZ), providing more destinations a few hours' away. Both can be reasonably accessed from Rochester by bus, but the University does not provide shuttle service to the airports.
What is 511NY Rideshare? 511NY Rideshare is a free program through the NYS Department of Transportation committed to helping commuters get around with sustainable, affordable transportation options and resources. Become a member to gain access to carpool matching, bike safety information, and public transportation resources.
511NY Rideshare partnered with University of Rochester to create a specialized portal for students. You can use this portal to:
- Find other University of Rochester students who want to carpool,
- Access maps and tools for transit and biking,
- And many more resources and tools!
Start carpooling today and visit the 511NY Rideshare for more information!