Please Note: The GAC will be closed for Memorial Day weekend May 28, 29 & 30. hours
The Bloch Fitness Center
Dedicated to Laurence H. Bloch, class of 1975 and Cindy C. Bloch in Gratitude and Recognition of their exemplary dedication to the University and to fitness and athletics, dedicated October, 2001
- A knowledgeable and enthusiastic student staff.
- 54 pieces of cardio equipment including Lifefitness treadmills with personal viewing screens, Octane ellipticals, Lifefitness upright and recumbent bikes, Expresso virtual reality bikes, Stairmaster Stairclimber, LifeFitness steppers, Arc Trainers and Concept II rowers, Precor AMT’s, and Cardio-Theater.
- LifeFitness Signature Series selectorized circuit.
- Over 10,000 pounds of free weights and accessories.
- Access to a Fitness Center Orientation lead by a member of the Orientation Team.
- Towel Service.
The fitness center is open for use during Goergen Athletic Center hours of operation. All University of Rochester full-time undergraduate/graduate students, R Club members and guest (must be 16 year old or older) are welcome to pursue their personal fitness goals in the fitness center.
We now offer orientation tours to new R Club members as well as new students. More information can be found here.
Fitness Center Orientation Team
Fitness Center staff members now offer free orientation tours to new R Club members as well as new students. We aim to introduce you to our facilities and work out equipment.
Guidelines for the fitness center:
- To ensure a comfortable and safe atmosphere for all patrons, please be courteous and respectful of others.
- Report any equipment issues or concerns to our staff immediately.
- Secure personal items in the lockers downstairs.
- Remove/re-rack all weights immediately after use.
- During busy times, please limit use of cardio machines to 30 minutes.
- Spotters are recommended for free weight lifting.
- Wipe down all equipment when done.
- Return all plyo boxes, medicine balls, etc. to where they belong immediately after use.
- Return Fitness Center towels immediately following your workout to the first floor or second floor towel collection bins.
- Bags, coats, sports equipment, helmets, umbrellas etc. are NOT permitted in the fitness center.
- Water in a plastic water bottle with a top is permitted in the Fitness Center, food and other beverages are not permitted.
- Acceptable workout attire: T-shirt, athletic shorts, sweat top, sweat bottom, clean and dry sneakers.
- Unacceptable workout attire: jeans, dress pants, cut off shorts, open toed shoes, boots, flip flops, sandals, slippers; you will be asked to change.
- No dropping dumbbells or weights on the floor, persistent abuse of this rule will result in dismissal from the Fitness Center.
- No chalk, persistent abuse of this rule will result in dismissal from the Fitness Center.
- Unauthorized personal training or rehabilitation services are not permitted.
- Violation of any policy or any actions deemed inappropriate may result in the acting participant's membership being suspended or revoked. Any member displaying inappropriate actions (abusing equipment, verbal abuse of personnel or other members) will have violated established policies and procedures.
Front Desk: 585-275-7643
Like us on Facebook to get updates on our facilities.