- More than 330,000 patients in the Finger Lakes region received critical health care services, including expert emergency care, surgical care, women’s health services, and senior living support.
- The Emergency Department received a dedicated CT scanner, which ensures patients experiencing life-threatening emergencies, such as stroke, can receive an immediate diagnosis, 24 hours a day.
- Technology our caregivers rely on to quickly diagnose and control rapidly changing and challenging health conditions of our patients was enhanced.
- Thompson became the first care provider in the state to offer the revolutionary SafeGait 360° Balance and Mobility Trainer® in a full-time, outpatient setting. The system gives individuals with a variety of impairments support and fall protection as they practice walking, improving strength, and overcoming balance concerns.
- A new, 12-bed observation unit will open in 2017. The unit is designed to provide high-quality, personalized care for patients who require evaluation and treatment for a period of time between eight and twenty-four hours, allowing the hospital to reserve inpatient and Emergency Department beds for those patients with greater acuity.
Bullet points highlight impact made in 2016