Accounts Payable News
2020 Fiscal Year-End Finance Announcements
As the University’s fiscal year end approaches for June 30, 2020, there are special timing considerations and actions required on your part in order to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded properly and in the current fiscal year.
Payroll Reallocation Changes – Requests for payroll reallocation changes on Form 800 should be received no later than 4PM on Friday, June 19, 2020. Please send your materials to Laura Bardossi, Box 278893 or email the documents to 800_Forms_Payroll@UR.Rochester.edu.
Supplier Invoice Requests, Payment Request (F-4), and Student Expense Report for University Business (F-34) – AP Cost Transfer Forms and corrections must be received in Accounts Payable no later than 4PM on Friday, June 19, 2020. F34 Expense Reports can be completed and approved electronically, then emailed to Business_Expense_Reimbursement@finance.rochester.edu. Other AP forms can be completed and approved electronically, then emailed to AccountsPayable@finance.rochester.edu or sent to Accounts Payable, RC Box 278958.
Employee Expense Reports (F-3) – must be received in Accounts Payable no later than 4PM on Monday, June 29, 2020 for posting in FY20 June period. Please send to Business_Expense_Reimbursement@finance.rochester.edu or Accounts Payable, RC Box 278958.
All Grant related entries – need to be completed by 5pm on Tuesday, June 30 2020
All journal entry forms and 312 requisitions (non-purchasing) – must be received by central finance by 4PM on Wednesday, July 1, 2020. Forms can be emailed to GeneralAccounting@UR.Rochester.edu.
Preliminary reports available in the morning on Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Final reports available in the morning on Saturday, July 11, 2020
NOTE: If you should have any questions or need further clarification:
- Fiscal year end closing, please contact Jen Baker (5-8350) or Karen Sodoma (5-6452).
- Payment requests & Employee Expense Reports, please contact Marta Herman (5-7880).
- Payroll Reallocations should be directed to Laura Bardossi (5-7027).
To accommodate the transition of more staff working remotely, Accounts Payable and General Accounting are making the following changes. We are no longer requiring original signatures. Scanned, electronic and emailed signatures are acceptable.
- We have established a new email box where F3/F34 expense reports should be emailed: Business_Expense_Reimbursement@finance.rochester.edu. Please only send completed and fully approved expense reports to this email address.
- Paper F4s that cannot be submitted via Supplier Invoice Request can be emailed to AccountsPayable@finance.rochester.edu.
- Invoices that you might otherwise forward via interoffice mail to AP can be emailed to AccountsPayable@finance.rochester.edu.
- Petty Cash Request (F9) Forms should be emailed: GeneralAccounting@UR.Rochester.edu. The petty cash check will be sent directly to the Custodian PO box or location.
- 312 requisitions for interdepartmental purchases and all journal entries should be emailed: GeneralAccounting@UR.Rochester.edu. You may replace the 312 requisition form with a journal entry form and attach invoice or other form of approval as back up. For any questions regarding these changes, please contact general accounting at GeneralAccounting@UR.Rochester.edu.
- FDM request forms including FAO, Cost Center, Spend or Revenue Category should be sent to GeneralAccounting@UR.Rochester.edu.
- For all of the above, we ask that you combine the forms and all backup into one PDF attached to the email, or as few attachments as possible to simplify the review process.
Holiday schedule for F3 Employee Expense Report Reimbursements
There will not be a reimbursement run on Friday 11/29/2019 due to the University holiday. Reimbursements will be processed on Friday 11/22/2019, with the next reimbursement run on Friday 12/6/2019. To receive reimbursement before the Thanksgiving holiday, F3 expense reports must be received by Accounts Payable by the end of the day on Tuesday 11/19/2019 to be processed on Friday 11/22/2019. Expense reports that Accounts Payable receives between 11/20/19 and 12/03/19 will be processed on Friday 12/06/19.
The reimbursement run during Christmas is not effected by the University holiday on 12/25/19. F3 Expense reports received between 12/17/19 and 12/24/19 will process on Friday 12/27/19.
Business Expense and Travel Reimbursement Policy Update
The Travel and Conference Policy has been significantly overhauled. The new policy, now called the Business Expense and Travel Reimbursement Policy, will take effect on October 1, 2019. In-person training sessions to learn about the updates are available for individuals seeking reimbursement, preparers of expense reports, and approvers. Please visit our Reimbursements > Training site for information about how to sign up for a training session.
Supplier Invoice Request/F4 Payment Request Acceptable Use List Update
The Acceptable Use list on the Accounts Payable Forms page has been updated for a few additional items, clarifications and recommended spend categories for most of the activities listed. It has been renamed to reflect that this guidance is applicable to both paper F4 forms as well as the new P2P Supplier Invoice Requests for those departments that are now live with P2P.
2020 Mileage Reimbursement Rate Update
The University is adjusting its mileage reimbursement rates to reflect the new IRS rates. Effective January 1, 2020 the standard mileage rate will be 57.5 cents per mile (.575). The 2019 mileage rate was 58 cents per mile (.58).