The Ain Center for Entrepreneurship has partnered with the Venture Jobs Foundation to offer a limited number of University of Rochester students the opportunity to participate in the VJF Accelerator. If you’re an emerging entrepreneur and want to take your business – regardless of what type it is – to the next level, this 9-week business accelerator will help you develop your business concept, hone your business strategy, and build a business plan with actionable steps.
Thanks to a grant from the Economic Development Administration (EDA), the Ain Center is able to offer this opportunity to students free of charge. Once you’ve successfully completed the VJF Accelerator program, you’ll be eligible to apply for a $1,000 – $2,000 EDA grant to further develop your business.
How Does It Work?
- You meet one night a week for 3.5 hours with a facilitator and guest entrepreneurs who will tell you about their experiences.
- You’ll work collaboratively with 10-15 other entrepreneurs, a mix of students and community members.
- Classes include brief lectures and interactive exercises. You will have homework each week.
- Week 9 is a Celebration Dinner where you get to pitch your business to your peers and other guests.
- The Venture Jobs Foundation Business Accelerator curriculum provides best practices, tools and resources to kickstart your business goals.