Below is information on different academic honesty resources available at the University:

Academic Honesty Information


For the Board on Academic Honesty, the secretary handles logistical questions pertaining to hearing dates, records, and appointments to review case files. The secretary can also answer general questions about the hearing process. The chair makes policy rulings on the adjudication of specific cases, and can be contacted via the contact page or the academic honesty concern report form.

Structurally separate from the board, the academic honesty liaison offers confidential counseling about the academic honesty process. The liaison can also help with drafting statements for board hearings, address general questions about the hearing process, and make referrals to other resources as needed.

For a complete list of contacts, see the contact us page.

Academic Honesty Quizzes

Test your self-knowledge of the AS&E Academic Honesty Policy with these two quizzes. The first quiz covers the policy, while the second quiz gives examples of possible scenarios you might encounter as a student.  The third quiz covers academic honesty in online learning.

Frequently Asked Questions

For additional information, see the Board Resolution FAQ and the Instructor Resolution FAQ.

Top ↑

Academic Support

The academic support services listed below can help both students who are concerned that academic challenges could lead to an academic honesty violation, as well as students who’ve committed a violation that may have been avoided with more academic help.

In addition to the services below your instructors and teaching assistants are great resources for academic support. Some departments, majors, centers, and offices also offer resources. 

Learning Center

The Learning Center offers multiple academic support services including:

For more information, visit the Learning Center website or contact the Learning Center at:

1-154 Dewey Hall
(585) 275-9049

Writing, Speaking, and Argument Program (WSAP)

WSAP offers a variety of writing and speaking support services including:

  • Writing tutors (drop-in, by appointment, or online)
  • Speaking tutors
  • Writing groups

For more information, visit the WSAP website or contact WSAP at:

Rush Rhees Library G-121
(585) 273-3584

Disability Resources

Disability Resources assists students with disability accommodations like test proctoring and note taking. For more information, visit the disability resources website or contact Disability Resources at:

Taylor Hall
(585) 276-5075

River Campus Libraries

River Campus Libraries can help students with research support, as well as with creating and using citations and references. For more information, visit the River Campus Libraries website or contact:

You can also text your questions to (585) 678-5839.

College Center for Advising Services (CCAS)

CCAS is a great resource for students to learn about academic requirements and resources, as well as the many other resources available at the University.

For more information, visit the CCAS website or contact CCAS at:

312 Lattimore Hall
(585) 275-2354

Top ↑

Emotional Support

Whether you’re distressed about an academic honesty case, or you believe that emotional distress about something else contributed to your past academic honesty violation, seeking out emotional support can benefit you.

In addition to the University resources below, you can also reach out to friends, family, University staff members, instructors, faith leaders, and resident advisors for emotional support.

Public Safety

If you are considering harming yourself or others, or are experiencing a loss of contact with reality, the Department of Public Safety can connect you with immediate mental health crisis services and any necessary transportation. For additional information on crisis resources, see the crisis procedures web page or contact Public Safety at:

x13 (on campus)
(585) 275-3333 (on or off campus)   

University Counseling Center (Confidential)

The University Counseling Center (UCC) provides a broad range of services to University students and their partners who pay the mandatory student health fee. The confidential services include:

  • Time-limited individual and couples therapy
  • Group therapy
  • Medication management
  • 24-hour crisis services
  • Consultation
  • Educational presentations

UCC has a professional on-call 24 hours per day for emergencies. UCC therapists are licensed professionals and professionals-in-training from a variety of mental health disciplines. 

Therapy is available for a variety of problems that can include anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties, school-related problems, family problems, grief and general discomfort about what's happening in a person's life, among other sorts of difficulties. 

For more information, visit the UCC website or contact UCC:

738 Library Road
(585) 275-3113

CARE Network (Limited Sharing)

The University of Rochester recognizes that often students facing personal or academic struggles would benefit from support from multiple recourses on campus. The CARE network allows students to request assistance, even when they do not know what resources are available to them.

We may pass information that you provide to us along to the CARE network when we believe there is a need for multi-layered support from the campus community. The CARE network administrator shares information only with staff who need to know it in order to help you.

For more information, visit the CARE website or contact the CARE network:

(585) 275-4085
Online form

Interfaith Chapel (Confidential)

Our chaplains are a great resource for students needing a sympathetic ear. Speaking with a chaplain is completely confidential, so nothing a student shares will be disclosed to anyone else.

Students do not have to be part of one of the religious/spiritual communities on campus to see one of the chaplains. The chaplains, meanwhile, are happy to counsel a student of no faith or a different faith with no expectation or pressure on them to become affiliated in any way with a faith tradition.

Students can call and make an appointment with one of the chaplains. They can also simply come to the Interfaith Chapel any day between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., where they will likely find chaplains able to speak with them. 

For more information visit the Interfaith Chapel website or contact the chapel director:

Rev. Dr. C. Denise Yarbrough
500 Joseph C. Wilson Blvd.
(585) 275-8422

Top ↑

International Students

International Services Office (ISO)

Since academic honesty sanctions can sometimes affect your visa status, international students suspected of violating academic honesty policy should immediately read the international students page to determine if they need to contact ISO.

College Center for Advising Services (CCAS)

CCAS offers academic advising services for all students and specific advisors are trained to assist international students. These advisors can offer support throughout the process and help coordinate your ISO paperwork.

For more information, contact Molly Jolliff, Director of International Student Engagement, at (585) 275-2354 or

Top ↑