Thank you for your interest in graduate assistantship opportunities in Residential Life and the Office of the Dean of Students. Below you will find links to the position descriptions for all of the positions we anticipate being available for the 2018-2019 academic year. At the bottom of the page, there is a link to the common application for all positions and a separate link for the online recommendation form.
Applications will begin to be accepted on January 19th. The application deadline for first consideration is February 26th. Application review will begin on February 28th. This is the recommended date for online recommendation forms to be submitted. Applicants who are offered interviews (on-campus or Skype/phone) will be notified by March 8th. All interviews will be conducted on March 20th, 26th, 27th, and 28th. Successful candidates will be notified of position offers by April 6th. Acceptances will be due by April 15th (the universal graduate acceptance date).
Please direct any questions or inquires to GradAssistantSelection@UR.rochester.edu.
Available Positions for 2018-2019:
- Fraternity and Sorority Affairs- Expectations for Excellence
- Office of the Dean of Students - Student Organization Development
- Center for Student Conflict Management - CARE
- Center for Student Conflict Management - Conduct
- Residential Life- Graduate Head Resident
- Residential Life- Graduate House Advisor
- Residential Life - Leadership Assistant
- Rochester Center for Community Leadership - Involvement
- Rochester Center for Community Leadership - Community
- Wilson Commons Student Activities- Graduate Assistant
- Wilson Commons Student Activities - Spirit Coordinator
Positions with no anticipated vacancies for 2018-2019:
- Center for Student Conflict Management – Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Parent and Family Relations - Graduate Assistant
- Paul J. Burgett Intercultural Center- One Community
- Paul J. Burgett Intercultural Center- Communal Principles
- Rochester Center for Community Leadership- Engaged
- Residential Life - Graduate and Family Housing
- Residential Life- Hill Court Graduate Assistant
- Residential Life - Off Campus Housing Program
- Wilson Commons Student Activities - Operations
If you are an international student and have questions about work eligibility, please contact the International Services Office.