Medallion Program Level One
Leadership Begins with You
Level one of the Medallion Program focuses on your own development as a leader. To successfully complete this portion of the program, you will need to:
- Complete an enrollment form
- Attend a level one opening session(Understanding Leadership)
- Attend five workshops, one from each of the five domains*:
- Complete a short reflection for each workshop (submitted via CCC)
- Complete a final reflection paper (submitted via CCC)
- Complete a level one assessment (submitted via CCC)
Participation in the Rising Leader Class, or Urban Fellows, fulfills ALL of the level one requirements. (Please specify your participation in those classes on your Enrollment Form.)
*Workshops/events/programs that are listed under multiple domains can only fulfill one of the domains under which it is listed.
There are two Opening Sessions for Level One in fall 2018:
- Friday 9/7/2018 at 3 p.m. in Douglass Commons, room 401 (Ed Feldman)
- Tuesday 8/28/2018 "Understanding Leadership" Mid - year Leadership Training (multiple presenters)
Opening Session Level One (Understanding Leadership) workshops can be requested by filling out this form. Groups must have at least eight people signed up to attend in order to request an opening session workshop.
Level one participants are required to submit a one-page paper reflecting on what they have learned during their experience in level one of the Medallion Program. Answer the questions below in your reflection:
- What did you learn about yourself?
- How can you share what you have learned with others? How might you apply those lessons to real situations (groups, organizations, your own work, etc.)?
- What can you do now to navigate the leadership road ahead with the most success?
If you are interested in co-sponsoring a Medallion Program workshop, please fill out this form. Co-sponsoring a Medallion Workshop means you agree to send five or more members to the workshop and help advertise the workshop.
Co-sponsorships are on a first-come, first-served basis. Filling out the form does not guarantee co-sponsorship. You will receive an email informing you of your co-sponsorship status after you submit the form.
Level One Incentives
Upon completion of the requirements for level one you will:
- Receive a level one pin
- Be invited to attend the Medallion Program Reception
- Have developed skills to be more successful at the University of Rochester, been an advocate for the Communal Principles, and increased your capacity to be a leader
- Have completed a third of the requirements to becoming a member of the Medallion Leadership Society