- The museum provided educational tours to nearly 10,000 K-12 students from our region
- Four hundred public elementary students from City of Rochester Schools #23, #29, and #45 came to MAG through the Expanded Learning Collaboration program. Through more than 10 weekly sessions, students created their own masterpieces in the Creative Workshop from what they learned from the collection.
- The wildly popular M.C. Escher: Reality and Illusion showcased 120 iconic works by famed Dutch artist, M.C. Escher. The exhibition took us deeper into both the real and impossible worlds he created over a career that spanned five decades.
- A more robust array of community engagement opportunities and events was provided thanks to the inaugural year of “MAGsocial,” which encouraged people of all ages to enjoy art and join the conversation about creativity.
- The museum converted the former Gill Discovery Center into a gallery space for the exhibition series Media Arts Watch, which brings visitors various media displays and engages them in a conversation about the art of the moving image.
Bullet points highlight impact made in 2016