- Scholarships helped ease student’s financial burdens and helped the school continue to attract and successfully compete for the nation’s top medical and graduate students. The debt of our medical school graduates is far less than the national average thanks to scholarship support.
- People around the world are closer to benefitting from the next great medical discovery thanks to support given to laboratory and research projects. Given that researchers face ever greater reductions in federal grants, this funding is crucial to advancing their work.
- Support has enabled the Flaum Eye Institute to increase its community outreach efforts. This includes screening adults and children with limited access to health care through in-person efforts and virtually, through the latest telemedicine technology.
- The Institute for Innovative Education continued its mission to promote the development of future physicians, nurses, educators, and investigators as teams preparing them all for the new and technologically advanced landscape of health care, research, and education.
- Students, residents, and fellows were able to attend national conferences, meet leaders in their fields, present papers, share research, and learn what peers have done to advance their areas of expertise. They were also able to take part in a wide variety of research and clinical training experiences.
Bullet points highlight impact made in 2016