Local Evaluation Services
Listed below are providers of diagnostic evaluations, psychological evaluations, and/or education assessments. This list does not represent an endorsement by Disability Resources.
The University Counseling Center (UCC) has partnered with ThrivingCampus, an online directory that allows UR students to access a list of off-campus, licensed mental health clinicians. Go to rochester.thrivingcampus.com or make an appointment for an Initial Assessment with a therapist for assistance. The website also includes resources to assist students through the process of securing off-campus outpatient care.
RIT Priority Behavioral Health Clinic
- RIT Priority Behavioral Health Website
- Phone: 585-475-4748; leave a confidential voicemail with the name of the potential client and a call back number. A clinician will reach out to you within a business day.
- Specializes in: anxiety, trauma, grief/loss, stress management, smoking cessation, substance misuse, depression, and anxiety related disorders.
Leon Schofield, PhD
- Address: 20 Mountain Rise, Fairport, NY 14450; all consultations/testing online, via Zoom
- Leon Schofield Website
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 585-425-2480
- Specializes in: Complete, thorough cognitive abilities and achievement testing for ADD and LD. Test battery includes Woodcock Johnson Tests (Cognitive Ability & Achievement) and Nelson Denny Reading Test. No counseling offered.
- Health insurance: None accepted for testing, but will complete HCFA forms with itemized charges for patients to submit to their insurance plan. UR Aetna plan has a benefit; contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
- Cost: Depends on testing needed. Total charge is typically $1,500 for initial hour consultation, ~6 hours of testing over 2 sessions, complete report, and final hour to discuss results and recommendations. Payment by cash, check, or money order only. No payment plans.
Deaf Wellness Center at Strong Memorial Hospital
- Address: 300 Crittenden Blvd., Rochester, NY 14642
- Phone: 585-273-5050 (TTY/voice)
- Deaf Wellness Center Website
- Services: Mental health/clinicians - sign fluently; no ADD/ADHD
- Health insurance: Accepted
- Cost: Sliding scale for people with low income
- Address: 1501 East Avenue, Suite 104, Rochester, NY 14610
- Phone: 585-730-8888
- DeMarle Inc. Website
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram
- Email: email@example.com
- Specializes in: Learning Disabilities, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Gifted Learners, Mood Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Speech and Language Disorders, Developmental Coordination Disorder, Oppositional Defiant and Conduct Disorders
- Evaluations provided: Achievement, Cognitive, Adaptive Living, Emotional, Executive Function
- Health insurance: DeMarle Inc. does not accept insurance.
- Cost: The price for a standard evaluation is $1,100 and $1,590 for an extended evaluation. There are substantial discounts for individuals who qualify for free and reduced price lunch, and for individuals whose parents or family members, including themselves, are in the US military. See DeMarle website for more information on fees and available discounts.
W. David Driscoll, PsyD
- Address: 1815 South Clinton Ave, Suite 360, Rochester, NY 14618
- Phone: 585-248-8740
- Specializes in: Psychological evaluation, consultation, and intervention services for early adolescent through young adult males, generally ranging from 12-25 years of age, dealing with a wide range of developmental, psychiatric, and psychological problems
- Health insurance: Most accepted
Lynn Lambert, PsyD
- Address: 2290 East Avenue, Rochester, NY 14610
- Phone: 585-429-0749
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Services: Accepting Psychological, Neuropsychological, Executive Functioning, Learning Disability, and ADHD Testing patients. Not accepting any new psychotherapy patients.
- Health insurance/Cost: Many accepted (BCBS, Excellus, United, Cigna but not MVP Cigna, Aetna). Not accepted: straight MVP, Fidelis, or Medicaid. Insurance does not cover any ADHD, Executive Functioning, or Learning Disability Testing. Out of pocket fees for that are $125/hour for students. Depending on testing needed or requested, the range would be 5-8 hours. Insurance does typically pay for the Psychological and Neuropsychological testing.
Christopher Pollack, PhD
- Address: 220 Linden Oaks, Suite 200, Rochester, NY 14625
- Phone: 585-586-9420
- Email: email@example.com
- Christopher Pollack Website
- Specializes in: Psychodiagnostic evaluations for mental health diagnosis, as well as follow-up treatment
- Health insurance: All BCBS/Excellus, Aetna, Cigna, United Health Care
- Cost: Service fees range from $100-200, but most services are covered by insurance and the fee schedule is set by the individual’s insurance. Payment plans are an option.
Genesee Valley Psychological Association
- Find a Psychologist search tool
- Address: 890 Westfall Road, Suite C, Rochester, NY 14618
- Heather Warchocki Website
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 585-672-6888
- Specializes in: Assessments for ADHD and LD; also has questionnaires to aid in assessing autism symptoms. Assessments conducted primarily online.
- Health insurance: Cigna
- Cost: Sliding scale available; pricing depends on scope of evaluation
- Address: 481 Penbrooke Drive - Suite 6, Penfield, NY 14526
1160 Corporate Dr , #400, Farmington, NY 14425
- Penfield Psychiatry Website
- Email: email@example.com
- Specializes in:
- Individual assessment and therapy for a broad spectrum of mental health and chemical dependency issues and diagnoses.
- Assessment for psychiatric medication needs
- Ongoing medication management
- Child and Adolescent medication management
- Learning and Cognitive Testing for children, adolescents and adults
- Health insurance: Accepts most major providers