Editing a Person's Page
In websites for academic departments, the web pages for faculty, staff, and student directories are stored in the subfolders of the people folder. Each of these subfolders contains a separate folder for each person, as well as a specialized index page that is programmed to automatically display the directory. Inside each person's folder, there is another specialized index page that is programmed to automatically display that person's home page.
Each person's folder contains an assets folder, _content folder, and, if the person is a faculty member, it will also contain the specialized index page to display their standard home page. Inside the nested _content folder, you will see that person's content blocks. Inside the assets folder, you will see separate folders named "images" and "pdf."
The separate blocks for people information allow us to reuse this content in other web pages, but only edit it in one place.
To update a person's content:
- Select the "people" folder then select the appropriate category folder for the person. (for example, faculty, staff, etc.)
- Select the "_content" folder and select the corresponding content block for the information you wish to change. Edit all content blocks as needed.
- If you need to update an image or CV, select the existing file, click the Pencil icon to edit it, click "choose" to browse to the updated file, choose Open, then Save & Preview and Submit, and then Publish the new file.
- If you need to add a person's image or CV, select the "assets" folder and upload their photo to the "images" folder. (See adding an image for instructions. Adjust the size to 300 pixels by 360 pixels at this time if needed.) Their CV should go in the "pdf" folder. (See adding a PDF file for instructions.)
- Once you have updated all of the content, you will need to publish the following:
- The folder for the person
- The "index" file of the person's category folder (if applicable)
- The "index" file of the "people" folder
Publishing shortcut: publish the entire "people" folder.
To add publications:
- Inside the "_content" folder for the person, select the block named "publications".
- Enter the information for the first publication in the WYSIWYG field, and remember to press the "Return" key on your keyboard after your entry.
- To add another publication, click the plus (+) sign to insert a blank WYSIWYG section and enter the new information. Only one paper per WYSIWYG, so continue to click the + to add as many new publications as needed.
Tip: You can separate publications into categories. To add a new category, click the plus (+) sign next to an existing category to add a new category list below it.