Adding a PDF File
Before you can add a link to a PDF file on your page, you must first upload the PDF file to the WCMS.
- Do use the correct file name extension .pdf
- Do not use spaces in the name.
- Do not use punctuation in the name.
- Do not use capital letters in the name.
To upload a PDF file:
- Go to a site
- Look at the Site Content at the left on large screens; or if you are on a mobile device, click the hamburger menu and select Site Content in the slide-out menu
- Click on the folder named "assets" and then click on the arrow at the right of the folder named pdf
- Click on the Plus icon in the top menu bar, and select File
- Either drag and drop a PDF file into the area surrounded by a dashed line, or click on the "choose" link inside this area to select the PDF file on your computer
- Click Save & Preview (on a mobile device, click the Check Mark icon)
- Click Submit (or the Check Mark again on mobile) and then Check Content & Submit and the Check Mark icon
To place a link to a PDF on your page:
- Click on the page you want the PDF on
- Click the Pencil icon to edit the page
- In the WYSIWYG field either highlight existing text for your PDF label or type new text and highlight it
- Click the "Insert/edit link" button in the toolbar
- In the dialog, select "Internal" for the type of link
- Next the the "Link" label click the "Browse" link and navigate to the "assets" folder and then the "pdf" folder
- Click on the PDF file that you want, then click Choose and OK
- Click Save & Preview and then Submit
To replace an existing PDF with a new version:
- In the Site Content panel at the left, click on the folder named “assets”
- Click on the arrow at the right of the folder named pdf
- Select the PDF file you want to replace
- Click on the Pencil icon to edit
- Click on the choose link
- In the file browser that pops open, select the PDF file that you want to upload and confirm
- Click Save & Preview and Submit
- Click on the Cloud icon to publish
- Click Submit
Tip: You do not need to re-publish or make any other changes to your web page.