Unpublishing and Deleting a Page
When you delete a page in the WCMS, it will be removed from the web server automatically. Likewise, if you rename a page, it will be unpublished from the server automatically. When you rename an asset, you must then republish it.
Unpublishing a page:
- Open the page that you want to unpublish
- Click the Dots icon at the top right, labeled "More" on large screens
- Click the link for Unpublish
- Click Submit
After you click Submit, your unpublish job will be added to the Publisher queue. Depending on whether there are other pages that are already in the queue, your page may be unpublished right away or there may be a delay of several minutes. You can check the progress of your job by viewing the Publish queue.
After you have unpublished a page, then you can safely delete it from the WCMS.
To delete a page and unpublish at the same time:
- Open the page that you want to delete
- Click on the Dots icon at the top right, labeled "More" on large screens
- Select Delete
- If you have not already unpublished your page, you can unpublish it when it is deleted by making sure that the Unpublish Content checkbox is checked
- Click Delete again