Software - Installing Microsoft Lync
For further assistance:
Contact your desktop support specialist
Help Desk: 585-275-2000
Email: University IT Help
CONNECTING TO ITS-FP1/APPS/
- In the Finder, choose Go > "Connect to Server".
- Type "SMB://its-fp1/apps" into the server address field, and choose connect.
- If you are unable to connect, try using: smb://its-fp1.ur.rochester.edu/apps
- Follow the onscreen instructions to type the workgroup name UR and your user name and password.
- If you wish to have the operating system remember your password in the Keychain, select the check box - "Remember this password in my keychain".
COPYING THE INSTALLERS
- Open the Microsoft_Applications folder in the Applications folder in Finder.
- Open the Microsoft Lync Client folder.
- Open the Lync folder.
- Drag both of the "Lync Installer.mkpg", and "Silverlight.pkg" to the Desktop.
- Note: These packages can not be installed over the network, they need to be copied to your computer.
INSTALL SILVERLIGHT & LYNC
- Run the Silverlight installer.
- Run the Lync installer.
- Start Lync.
- From the Help menu, choose Check for Updates. If any updates are available, you must install them before continuing.
- Once all Lync updates have been applied, run Lync.
- For Email Address, put in your email account associated with your Active Directory account. (e.g. Sharepoint, Exchange, etc)
- Select Sign In.
- If you are unable to login, select Advanced.
- For the Internal Server Name, add "its-lync-p01.ur.rochester.edu" (p-ZERO-1), select OK, and attempt to login again.
- If you are still unable to login, check with the help desk by phone, 275-2000, and ensure that your account has granted access to the Lync server, and that you are using the proper email address for Lync.