Transportation and Parking partners with 511NY Rideshare to help the University community find carpool partners and discover transit options.
- Using the 511NY Rideshare platform, students can:
- manage their daily campus commuting needs
- arrange trips to and from home for holidays and academic breaks
- locate transportation for off-campus events
- Employees can:
- find others to share their work commute
- arrange one-time rides
- locate transportation
- find park and ride locations and avoid traffic by using the real-time traffic map.
- 511NY Rideshare has additional resources to help you plan your trips, including:
- Ridematching for carpools
- Free biking and walking maps
- Transit trip planning
- Bike Buddy matching
Quickly connect to sustainable, affordable transportation, such as public transit and walking and biking routes. Bicycle commuters can find bike buddies who are interested in riding to work or school together. Users can create customized trips that find the best public transit options for commuting or traveling, including maps, using the Trip Planner.
Use the 511NY’s Trip Planner to plan your transit and/or bus trip. Simply input your start and end destination, pick a date and time, and click “Plan Trip”! You can also customize your trip under “Transit Options & Preferences”.
The 511NY Trip Planner map includes RTS service, but does not include the University of Rochester campus transportation. View a map with UR and RTS connection points. For more information on University of Rochester transportation, please visit our Shuttle page.