- River Campus
- Bloch Alumni & Advancement Center
- Brooks Landing
- Laboratory for Laser Energetics
- Mt. Hope Properties
- University Facilities Center
Get a Ride
Bus Pass Program
Let RTS do the driving while you enjoy the cost savings with U-Pass, a free, alternative transportation program to encourage commuting via public transportation.
Transportation and Parking has partnered with Regional Transit Service (RTS) to offer this benefit. U-Pass provides free rides on RTS buses, any time, any where (fixed routes only; excludes RTS On Demand). Employees are eligible if they work at an approved location where a permit is required to park a vehicle and choose to forego an annual permit. PhD students with appointments who are living off campus are eligible for U-Pass.
- Saves on commuting costs
- Ride RTS buses fare free, any route, any time (fixed routes only; excludes RTS On Demand)
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Reduces parking congestion
- PhD students with appointments who are living off campus are eligible for U-Pass.
- Employees working at any of the approved locations listed below with paid parking, who choose to forego an annual parking permit, are eligible for U-Pass. Other locations are not currently eligible for the U-Pass program during its pilot year.
- Medical Center Campus
- College Town
- 180 Sawgrass
- 200 East River Road
- 211 Bailey Road
- 300 & 315 Science Parkway
- Al Sigl Center
- Eastman Dental
- Helen Wood Hall
- Lattimore Medical Center
- Saunders Research Building
- Strong West
Eastman School of Music
- Employees must work at one of the approved locations listed above.
- If you have a current parking permit, you must cancel it for the year to obtain U-Pass. Your parking space will be held in the same lot for one parking year.
- Daily parking permits are available for purchase as needed. Up to 4 Daily Permits may be purchased per month. If your purchase more than 4 Daily Permits per month, your U-Pass will be terminated.
- U-Pass is non-transferable; only the person assigned to the bus pass may use it. If U-Pass is misused it will be terminated.
- If your employment status changes, including termination, leave of absence, retirement, or suspension, your U-Pass will be terminated.
- U-Pass expires June 30 of each year and must be renewed annually.
- If you wish to cancel U-Pass, visit the Parking office to cancel access and register for a parking permit, if applicable.
- RTS On Demand is excluded from the U-Pass program.
Get Ready to Ride RTS
Apply for U-Pass
Eligible employees may request U-Pass by completing the online application.
Once your application is approved, you will receive an email from Parking letting you know that U-Pass is activated on your University ID.
Simply swipe your University ID for unlimited rides on RTS buses (fixed routes only; excludes RTS On Demand). The University pays the full fare.
View maps, schedules, and more on the RTS website.
View a map with UR and RTS connection points.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
What’s the Difference Between
U-Pass and University Shuttles?
U-Pass provides unlimited bus rides via RTS public transit around the city of Rochester and the surrounding counties (fixed routes only; excludes RTS On Demand). Must meet eligibility requirements. A completed application is required.
University shuttles provide rides to and around University campuses, as well as local shopping and entertainment destinations. Rides are free with campus ID. No application is required.
Sustainable Transportation News
Subscribe to the Green Commuter
The Green Commuter e-newsletter offers news that helps students and employees get from place to place sustainably. Each issue offers timely news about biking, walking, carpooling, public transit, shuttles, and more. Green Commuter is published twice per year.