Office of the Provost
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
This year, 2021, marks the 100th anniversary of the University of Rochester accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The University was one of the original 58 institutions first accredited by the organization. (October 23, 1921).
The University of Rochester is an accredited institution by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). www.msche.org.
The MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Complaints not resolved through the processes as outlined by the University of Rochester may be directed to the accreditor at the contact information provided above.
Complaints not resolved through the processes as outlined by the university of Rochester may be filed through procedures provided by the New York State Department of Education on their website.
On November 20, 2014, the commission reaffirmed the University’s accreditation.
- University’s current Middle States Commission on Higher Education statement of accreditation status
- Middle States Commission reaccredits University January 9, 2015
Accreditation by Program
Additional U.S. Department of Education and Council for Higher Education Accreditation
** US Department of Education recognized accrediting organization
## Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) Recognition Status
- ABET ##
- American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation**
- American Psychological Association Commission on Accreditation**##
- Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc., Accreditation Commission**
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education **
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation##
- Council on Education for Public Health **
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education **
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education**##
- National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation**
- NY State Board of Regents, State Ed Dept., Office of the Professions**
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs ##
- Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education ##
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) ##
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, International
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- American Academy of Microbiology
- Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs
- American Chemical Society
- American Nurses Credentialing Center