Office of the Provost
Assessment resources encompass information or training provided to faculty and staff to help them understand, develop, implement, communicate, and use evidence of student learning.
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- Standards for Accreditation and Requirements of Affiliation (13th ed.) 2014
- Assessing Student Learning and Institutional Effectiveness: Understanding Middle States Expectations
- Student Learning Assessment: Options and Resources
- Evaluating Institutional Student Learning Assessment Processes
- Examples of Evidence of Student Learning
- Information on Assessment Models and Best Practices
- Self-Assessment: Quality Assurance of Program-Level Assessment of Student Learning
- “Why Are We Assessing?”
Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
Achievement and Quality: Higher Education in the Arts
Council of Arts Accrediting Associations
- Quarterly publication from the Association for Assessment of Learning in Higher Education.
- Features best practices from a variety of disciplines and higher education settings.
- Quarterly journal on assessment issues/methods.
- See article abstracts or purchase full text as pdf or html.
- This bimonthly newsletter is one of the best ways to keep up with new developments and what’s going on elsewhere.
- Some articles from recent issues are available to the public. Full access may be available online through your college/university library.
- (IJeP) includes articles about using e-portfolios in assessment. Articles are available as pdf files.
- On-line journal, since 1989.
Articles are pdf files.
- Search by title, author, descriptor, keyword.
- Some articles in this journal from ASQ’s Education Division deal with assessing student learning outcomes (pdf files).
- Online journal, begun in 2006 by the Virginia Assessment Group.
- Download articles as pdf files.
- From NEEAN.
- Articles can be downloaded by subscribers, via institutional libraries’ JSTOR or MUSEmemberships, or for a fee.
ASSESSMENT SUPPORT – MISCELLANEOUS
Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education
Assessment Institute in Indianapolis (late October)
Assessment Network of New York Conference (April)
Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education Conference (early June)
Drexel University Annual Conference on Teaching & Learning Assessment (early September)
Middle States Commission on Higher Education Conference (early Dec.)
Texas A&M Assessment Conference (February)
LEARNING OUTCOMES ASSESSMENT
National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA)
NILOA provides guidance as to how institutions can use assessment data internally to inform and improve higher education programs and externally to communicate information to multiple constituencies.
(IJeP) includes articles about using e-portfolios in assessment. Articles are available as pdf files.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT EVALUATION
A Five-Level Model for Evaluating Professional Development (Thomas R. Guskey)
Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) Value Rubrics