The Committee, and its Chair (or Co-Chairs), will be appointed by the University’s Senior Vice President for Research, and will include at least the following:
- two clinical research faculty members in the School of Medicine and Dentistry;
- one basic research faculty in the School of Medicine and Dentistry;
- one faculty member in the School of Arts and Sciences;
- one faculty member in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences;
- one representative from the Laboratory for Laser Energetics (LLE); and
- one community member, i.e., an individual who is not affiliated with the University, who can provide a broader community perspective.
These numbers are intended as minimums, and not as limitations.
Other members may be appointed to the Committee, or to attend as guests on a regular basis or from time to time, at the discretion of the Senior Vice President for Research, including but not limited to representatives of:
- Data Science;
- the Warner School of Education and Human Development;
- the Simon School of Business;
- the Advancement Office; and
- the Communications Office.
In addition, the individuals in the following positions will serve on the Committee:
- University’s Vice Provost for Research;
- University General Counsel;
- Director of the Office for Research and Project Administration;
- Director of UR Ventures;
- Chair of the School of Medicine and Dentistry Conflict of Interest Advisory Group (CIAG);
- the Dean of Research for the Schools of Arts, Sciences and Engineering;
- the Senior Associate Dean for Basic Research for the School of Medicine and Dentistry;
- the Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Research for the School of Medicine and Dentistry;
- the Associate Dean of Research for the School of Nursing;
- the Vice President for Government and Community Relations;
- the Director of the Office for Human Subject Protection; and
- the attorney in the Office of Counsel to the Medical Center who serves on CIAG.
Members will not serve in more than one category. For example, the Senior Associate Dean for Basic Research in the School of Medicine and Dentistry will not count as the SMD basic research faculty member.