Skip to main content



The University of Rochester OneCard identifies you as a University of Rochester student or faculty member and offers flexible and effortless access to online accounts at a variety of different locations on campus including libraries, dining centers, bookstores, laundries, copiers, and vending machines. Students, faculty, and staff can also use their cards for door access at the Goergen Athletic Center.

The card itself is simply your official University of Rochester identification card. OneCard system card readers read the information located on your card to access your accounts and debit funds. Your OneCard offers excellent safety and convenience. In particular, OneCard users don't have the hassles associated with carrying cash around to complete everyday transactions.

To begin using your OneCard, you must have an account. The University of Rochester URos Account is a general purpose stored-value account that allows OneCard users to purchase a wide variety of goods and services on campus. You must deposit value in your URos Account before you can use it to make purchases.

Incoming faculty, freshmen and transfer students are photographed for the ID card during the orientation programs. Freshmen and transfer students will receive their ID card at the beginning of the school year on check-in day. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors will use their cards from the previous year. If you missed getting your card, you may stop by the River Campus Customer Service Center. You may also obtain your ID card at the Medical Center ID Office.

For more information or to set up your URos Account visit the University of Rochester ID office located in the Customer Service Center in Susan B. Anthony Halls.

Customer Service Center/ID Office

Phone Number: 
(585) 275-3975

The on-campus ID office is located in the Customer Service Center on the 1st floor of Susan B. Anthony Halls.

Academic Year Hours:
Monday-Friday: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Sunday: Closed

Summer Hours:
Monday-Friday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday: Closed 


  • ID cards
  • Dining plan enrollment
  • Dining plan modification
  • URos account deposits
  • OneCard inquiries
  • Laundry and vending transfers

Occasional card loss or damage is inevitable. If you lose your ID card, please call the ID Office (x5-3975) immediately to have it deactivated or you may deactivate your card online at You also need to call Security (x5-3333) to report the incident and request to have your account suspended. A $15.00 charge is necessary to replace lost cards.