Welcome to the Center for Learning in the Digital Age
Harness the power of digital technologies for education to increase access and enhance learning opportunities for all.
We Will Accomplish This By
- Conducting and disseminating research to inform valuable uses of technology in education
- Supporting educational innovations that leverage digital technologies
- Offering educators high-quality learning opportunities to capitalize on digital technologies
- Serving as a catalyst for networking and collaboration on “digitally-rich” education
Supporting Your Work. Helping You Succeed.
Whether you are working in K-12 schools, higher education, or any other educational and training contexts, our mission is to enable YOU to harness the power of digital technologies to increase access and enhance learning opportunities.
Benefit from the expertise and networks of LiDA center staff to get the specialize support you need or help you connect with potential partners.
Learn about available digital technologies from the most fundamental to research-informed advanced best practices.
Take advantage of the expertise of other LiDA community members, through our networking events and direct access to information about their work and insights as reported in this website.
Educators Served by the Numbers
earned an Advanced Certificate in Online Teaching
took the introductory course in Online Teaching & Learning
took the introductory course in K-12 Digitally-Rich Teaching & Learning
attended a UR workshop on online teaching
Examples of How the LiDA Center is Helping Educators Harness the Power of Digital Technologies
NSF Grant to Prepare Teacher Leaders
A partnership between six local districts and the Warner School has secured $3M from the National Science Foundation to prepare a cadre of 20 “digitally-rich STEM master teachers” that will act as catalysts and supporters of digitally-rich innovations in their district.
Introducing the K-12 Digital Consortium
A number of school districts and local BOCES in the region, in collaboration with the LiDA Center, have come together to collaborate and learn from each other as they tackle the challenge of leveraging digital technology to transform teaching practices in their schools. The LiDA Center is “incubating” this emerging organization.
Fredericksen Leads Online Learning Consortium
As the current president of the Online Learning Consortium, LiDA Center Associate Director Eric Fredericksen has a unique opportunity to leverage and inform the most organizations on online education in the country.
Become Part of the LiDA Community!
- Participate in our networking events and learning programs
- Share your LiDA stories, projects and products
- Tell us about events, websites, and studies you found valuable
- Contribute resources to support specific projects – whether it is through donations, sponsorships or volunteering your time