Skip to main content

UR Sophomores

Minor Declaration

Students have the option of declaring one or more minors. Students should read the department’s offerings online to get a rough idea of the courses needed to complete a minor, and then make an appointment with the departmental minor advisor to complete plans and gain acceptance.

Once the advisor has approved the plan, students can file the approved program with the College Center for Advising Services (or Hajim School’s dean’s office). Students should submit the Overlap Declaration Form for Majors and Minors along with the approved Declaration Form for Majors and Minors. Note that students cannot declare a minor until they have an officially declared major.

Students must meet all department and college requirements for the minor.

For more information see the advising handbook minor’s page.