Office of the Provost
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
The University of Rochester is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000).
Complaints wished to be filed with the accreditor should be addressed to the contact information provided above.
Complaints wished to be filed with the New York State Education Department should follow the process outlined on their website at http://www.nysed.gov/college-university-evaluation/filing-complaint-about-college-or-university
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) is one of six regional accrediting associations in the United States. Every eight years, the University’s accreditation will be subject to review to ensure compliance with standards of accreditation. This entails the preparation of a Self-Study report and a site visit by an evaluation team. Additionally, the University will file an Annual Institutional Update with the Commission. The Annual Reports will be subject to peer review at the mid-point of the accreditation cycle. The next mid-point peer review will be in 2020 and the next Self-Study will be 2023-2024.
On November 20, 2014, the commission reaffirmed the University’s accreditation.
- University’s current Middle States Commission on Higher Education statement of accreditation status
- Middle States Commission reaccredits University January 9, 2015
Accreditation by Program
Additional U.S. Department of Education and Council for Higher Education Accreditation
** US Department of Education recognized accrediting organization
## Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) Recognition Status
- ABET ##
- American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation**
- American Psychological Association Commission on Accreditation**##
- Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc., Accreditation Commission**
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education **
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation##
- Council on Education for Public Health **
- Liaison Committee on Medical Education **
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education**##
- National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation**
- NY State Board of Regents, State Ed Dept., Office of the Professions**
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs ##
- Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education ##
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, International
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- American Academy of Microbiology
- Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs
- American Chemical Society
- American Nurses Credentialing Center