Every year, Arts, Sciences and Engineering holds numerous on-campus events, including conferences, meetings, and lectures. In fall 2014, event-related services for AS&E were consolidated into one department: Event and Classroom Management (ECM).
The goal? To improve and streamline the support services for our faculty, staff, and students.
ECM offers AS&E faculty, staff, and students a single point of access to a broad array of services, including:
- General event planning and guidance
- Event logistics (room reservations/diagrams, catering, parking, security, etc.)
- Event fliers, promotional materials, and marketing support
- On-site event support—both technical and administrative
- Support for commencement and other high-visibility events on campus
- Classroom technology support
- Audio-visual integration and video production
- Equipment delivery and purchases (e.g., microphones, podiums, etc.)
Standard working hours for ECM staff
During Fall and Spring semesters, the ECM office is staffed by a combination of full-time and student staff from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily. Student staff are our primary means of support from 5pm-11pm on weekdays and from 7 a.m.-11 p.m. on weekends during the academic year. Special hours over College undergraduate breaks are arranged as necessary with a minimum advance notice of eight (8) days. ECM is closed for all University holidays.