Tunnel Painting Guidelines
When painting the tunnel, organizations can use the sink in the utility closet (near the Hoyt end of the painted tunnel) to clean up. The door is labeled utility sink and is always unlocked.
The following guidelines apply to tunnel painting and the use of the utility sink:
- Students are encouraged to ensure that the content of the painting adheres to the Meliora Vision & Values. View the Meliora Vision & Values.
- There is no reservation process for the tunnel. Please don’t paint over or add additional paint to events or awareness campaigns that have not yet occurred or ended.
- No flyers can be hung in the painted tunnel per fire marshal regulations.
- Tunnel painting should be done during slow foot traffic hours (i.e., later in the evenings and on weekends).
- No spray paint or oil paint can be used in the tunnel.
- The floor should not be painted.
- No chairs can be used while painting the tunnel. There are poles available in the utility sink room that can be attached to roller frames/handles.
- A limited number of roller frames/handles are available for use in the utility sink room. These should be returned after use. Organizations are responsible for providing the roller covers to go on the handles/frames and paint trays.
- Nothing outside of the tunnel can be painted, so please make sure no paint is tracked out of the tunnel.
- All clean-up from tunnel painting must be done in the utility sink. No restroom sinks near the tunnel may be used.
- Your organization may be charged facilities fees if paint is found outside of the tunnel or if clean-up activities take place outside of the utility sink.
- Paint cannot be stored on campus. Leftover paint from tunnel painting should be placed on a shelf in the utility sink room with the lid sealed tightly for proper disposal.
- Leftover paint supplies (roller frames/handles, brushes, trays, etc.) should be left neatly on the shelves and hooks in the utility sink room. Any supplies left in the utility sink room become community property and can be used by any organization.