Wilson Commons Student Activities (WCSA) offers a unique opportunity to student organizations and University departments to host cooking and food-based events in the Community Kitchen in Douglass Commons. The space features a:
- Gas cooktop
- Warming Drawer
- Refrigerator and freezer
- Commercial grade dishwasher
- Two sinks (one for hand washing only)
- Collection of cooking supplies and equipment
- Digital display for hooking up personal devices
With seating for 24, and conveniently located across from the Douglass Community Room, the space is the ideal location for hosting events and programs. For more information on the Community Kitchen read the Community Kitchen Policy on the Frederick Douglass Commons page.
Using the Community Kitchen
The Community Kitchen is primarily to be used for hosting small gatherings of University students, staff, and/or faculty only. However, open events to the public are also allowed following the approval of both the campus sanitarian and assistant director of student life operations.
The kitchen is equipped with a wide variety of utensils and equipment that are free to use during a reservation. You can view a full list of equipment here.
Reserving the Community Kitchen
You must be a University department or student organization in order to reserve the Community Kitchen. All reservations are done through Virtual EMS. If are a University department and do not know who your Virtual EMS contact is, please contact ECM. If you are a student organization and do not know who your Virtual EMS contact is, please contact the WCSA reservation coordinator.
Below is the list of training sessions for this semester. Please sign up for a training ahead of time so we can plan for attendance.
- Thursday, January 16 at 9:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 21 at 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, January 24 at 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, February 3 at 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 6 at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 12 at 10:30 a.m.
- Monday, February 17 at 9 a.m.
- Friday, February 28 at 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 3 at 9 a.m.
- Thursday, March 26 at 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 8 at 3 p.m.
Used the kitchen and have feedback? Email Ken Beck, assistant director of student life operations.