Frederick Douglass Commons
The building known today as Frederick Douglass Commons was originally opened in 1955 and in April 1967 was named to honor Rochester's national leader of the abolitionist movement. In 2016, we completed a major renovation of the building to reinvent the space into a major hub of student life.
Connected to Wilson Commons with a bridge, together they form our Campus Center. Frederick Douglass Commons also connects to the Lam Square lounge in Rush Rhees library by way of a bridge from the third-floor public lounge.
To contact the Campus Center Building Manager, call (585) 329-9093.