Student Organization Annual Review
Each year, the Students’ Association (SA) Government and Wilson Commons Student Activities (WCSA) jointly administer the Student Organization Annual Review, or SOAR. The goal of the annual review is to ensure that student organizations are meeting expectations, assessing the activities they offer the campus, and getting feedback on resources needed to be successful. The SOAR evaluation is also used in the budgeting process.
SOAR is conducted January through December.
SOAR is a comprehensive review comprising:
- Self-report submitted by student organization (preview the questions)
- Activity Reflections
- Advisor feedback
- CCC site review (including but not limited to roster, documents, constitution, events, and community service hours)
- Fall leadership training attendance
- Activities Fair attendance
- Storage reviews
- Students' Association Appropriations Committee (SAAC) violations
- Administration and Review Committee (ARC) violations including re-registration
Resources are available to assist student organization leaders in completing their self-report and assessment forms. These include:
- Primary advisor
- Students’ Association Administration and Review Committee (ARC) who can be contacted at email@example.com
- Two training sessions will be held in November:
- Wednesday, November 14 at 6 p.m. in Stackel
- Friday, November 16 at 3:30 p.m. in Stackel
- View the Training Presentation: Tips to Completing the SOAR and Other ARC Resources (PDF)
- General questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SOAR evaluation rubric
Self-reports for student organizations are due by 11:59pm on December 3, 2018 . All activity reflections for the review period must be submitted by the last day of classes for the fall semester. If organizations have a planned study break after the last day of classes, activity reflections for these study breaks are due by the last day of exams.
The self-report questions will be available to preview online by Friday, November 2, 2018 and the online form will be able to accept submissions beginning at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 6, 2018. Committees do not need to submit a separate self-report, but their activities should be included in the parent organization’s self-report. Activity reflections should still be completed by committees.
Organizations who received preliminary status in the fall 2018 semester do not need to submit a self-report.
The self-report and other items will be evaluated during the spring semester and all student organizations will receive written feedback regarding their review.
Activity Reflections / Assessment Forms
During Spring 2018 organizations used the Assessment Form, starting in the Fall of 2018 organizations used the Activity Reflection. If you currently have an activity to asses from the Spring, please use the Activity Reflection process.
Please make sure all completed assessment forms (approved by your advisor) from Spring 2018 are uploaded to your organization's documents section on CCC. We suggest that you make a folder for this review time period and place all relevant assessment forms there.
Activity Reflections are linked directly to the organization once they are approved by your advisor, you do not need to upload these to your site.
The Administration and Review Committee reviews each activity reflection / assessment form checking that you have held general interest meetings and that you have assessed one program, publication, competition, or community service event each semester. If your organization has committees, their activities should also be documented through activity reflections / assessment forms.
For more information on how to complete your activity reflections, click HERE
How to upload your approved assessment forms:
- Receive an approval email from advisor for assessment form.
- Log in to CCC and click on your profile picture, then on "Submissions."
- Find the assessment form you want to upload to your organization's CCC site and click the printer icon, then click the print button to select “save as PDF” to your computer. When saving, give the document a name that reflects the assessment (e.g., Assessment Form – Spirit Night 2018).
- Go to your organization's CCC page through the manage tab and click on "Documents."
- Click on “Add a folder.” Title this folder “Assessment Forms [year].”
- Under “Permissions,” select “Anyone on campus.” All assessment forms for this review period should be added to this folder.
- Click on "Add File."
- Choose the PDF of the assessment form from your computer.
- Document type should be "Assessment Forms."
- Under “Permissions,” select “Anyone on campus.”
- Click "Add."
- Make sure that all assessment forms from Spring 2018 have been uploaded to your organization’s CCC site in one folder that is made public.
- Involve your whole executive board in completing the self-report; this is not something that should be completed by one officer.
- Review your self-report with your primary advisor before submitting.