Late Night Programming
The UR Late Night Program exists to provide fun and engaging opportunities for students to connect and relax on Friday and Saturday nights.
UR Late Night Event Fund
Student organizations are welcome to submit requests for supplemental funding to plan and implement late night programming for University of Rochester students. Awards of up to $500 will be given to programs that meet the following criteria:
- The event must occur primarily between 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. on Friday or Saturday nights.
- The event must be inclusive of all students and appeal to a broad audience.
- The event must be creative and unique, providing a programming option that does not typically exist for most students.
Examples of past events include Jazz Night or Comedy Club in the May Room, Karaoke or Open Mic Nights in the Hive, and Renting out a dance club in Rochester.
To apply for this fund, complete the event registration process and indicate you are requesting funding from the UR Late Night Programming Fund.
UR Late Night Funding Policies
UR Late Night Funds cannot be used to:
- Purchase gift cards, equipment for your organization, or prizes over $50
- Make reimbursements (we cannot and will not reimburse any costs your organization pays up front)
UR Late Night Funds can be used for:
- Decorations – be sure they are allowed in the space you have reserved (see the balloons, decorations, and student life spaces policies)
- Purchasing supplies needed to run your event
- Purchasing prizes – maximum $10 per person, $50 in total
- ECM, Facilities, or catering costs
- Bills for vendors such as a DJ or rental company (give us the contract directly to pay)
- Have contract filled out and turned in at least five business days in advance of your event to have a check ready the night of your event to pay the vendor
Any leftover funds need to be returned to WCSA. See the policy page for more information about planning events.