Club Rochester is a happy hour chock-full of drinks, free food, and networking opportunities. Twice per semester, head to the Club on Fridays from 3:30 p.m. - 5 p.m. in the Feldman Ballroom in Frederick Douglass Commons.
What to expect
Low-cost and non-alcoholic options available
Enjoy free hors d’oeuvres
Connect with faculty and staff
Mingle, relax, and enjoy with peers
|Club Rochester, 2022 - 2023|
|Friday, September 9|
|Friday, November 4|
All undergraduate student organizations can be a co-host of Club Rochester events! If your organization is interested in hosting the next Club Rochester, please reach out to us!
Previous Themes & Co-Hosts
Club Rochester is a long-standing tradition and we are excited to have worked with a diverse and extensive set of organizations and departments to bring these events to life. Check out some of the previous hosts and event themes.
- Club Rochester Themes
- Asian Heritage
- Caribbean Winter Soiree
- Celebrating Black History Month
- Celebrating Local Entrepreneurs
- Feel Fabulous in February
- Hispanic Heritage
- Sustainably Yours
- The Two Spirit Self
- UR Global: Past Present & Future
- Women’s History Month
- Past Hosts
- Association for the Development of Interest in the Indian Subcontinent (ADITI)
- Ain Center for Entrepreneurship
- Black Students’ Union (BSU)
- Chinese Students’ Association (CSA)
- Center for Community Engagement (CCE) (previously Rochester Center for Community Leadership)
- Center for Study Abroad and Interdepartmental Programs
- College Feminists
- Community Service Network (CSN)
- David T. Kearns Center for Leadership and Diversity in Arts
- Delta Phi Omega
- Dining Services Team Green
- Facilities, Facilities Team Green
- Filipino American Students’ Association (FASA)
- Green Space
- Gwen M. Greene Career & Internship Center
- International Services Office
- Liberty in North Korea (LiNK)
- Meliora Launchpad
- Minority Students Advisory Board
- Native American & Indigenous Student Association
- Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
- Office of Alumni Relations
- Office of Minority Student Affairs
- Panhellenic Association
- Pan-African Students’ Association (PASA)
Sponsored by Students' Association Government, Dining Services, and Wilson Commons Student Activities
Frequently Asked Questions
Club Rochester is a unique partnership between Wilson Commons Student Activities, Students’ Association Government, and Dining Services. Club Rochester is designed to increase interactions between faculty, students, and staff in a non-academic setting, and to model appropriate social behaviors around alcohol.
Yes, Students' Association Government generously helps fund this one-of-a-kind partnership, and it's important that students not only enjoy the clubs as guests, but are active participants in the planning of each club.
Student organizations wanting to co-host a Club Rochester will not be asked to provide any financial contribution to the event.
Each host is expected to select a representative from their respective departments who will work collaboratively with the Club Rochester program planner from WCSA.
The hosts change per each Club Rochester event while the sponsors remain the same and are: Wilson Commons Student Activities, Students' Association Government, and Dining Services.
- Pick theme for event (this includes menu ideas, drink specials, décor and music genre)
- Promote the event around campus; you can use flyers, social media, etc.
- Arrive to venue 30 minutes before event to set up
- Have volunteers at Club Rochester for the duration of the event at your info table
- Create and send PowerPoint slides to Club Rochester program planner 2 days (at the very latest) before event takes place
- OPTIONAL: Create themed flyer for event and get to Club Rochester Coordinator as soon as possible to begin promoting (must include Club Rochester & WCSA logo)